September 6, 2008

New Job

In a week's time I will be starting a new role with the State government. This will be one of the most challenging jobs I've had due to the fact that I will have a team of 30 personnel to manage in records, archives, document management, library services and mail services.

I'm getting very excited about the new role, but a little daunted at the same time. I hope to use some of the new GTD skills that I have been learning over the last six weeks and will be using this blog to capture some of the challenges and solutions that I encounter in the job.

Hopefully the crap that I've had to deal with in my current position over the last few weeks has taught me some valuable lessons that I will carry with me into the new role - unfortunately I currently feel that my lesson is to not trust people, hopefully there's a more valuable one underlying that.

Wish me luck.

No comments: