September 27, 2010

Epiphanies

You know how sometimes you are sitting there talking about things and a thought comes into your head that you think is pretty cool, well I just had one of those. Very soon I will be briefing our Executive about improving our records and information management. I was thinking about some of the databases that we have and playing with words in my head about trying to get them to understand the importance of this data and how we can use it.


We're so used to thinking of documents as "unstructured data" but the thought I had was this:

Data is an unstructured document that is yet to be developed into a story.

I don't know whether this is any sort of revolutionary thought as yet, but I am hoping that I can develop it to make it something that will help the Executive understand the value of our analysts and reporting regimes.

I'll have to think about it a bit more...

No comments: