December 16, 2010

Conference presentation on the information environment

I've been asked to present at an Ark Group conference on eDiscovery next April in Melbourne.  After considering it for a day or two I have suggested that I could talk about the information environment, documents and frameworks involved and how setting this up can assist in the eDiscovery processes.

I've started working on the presentation, and will hopefully get to use my current working environment as a case study, since we are progressing the artefacts for the information environment.  One of the things that it has reinforced for me is the importance of Security Access Models for all IT systems, which I presented at an information management policy conference three years ago. I have developed this further over the last few years and will be including this in the new presentation as well.

I've also come up with a much more refined image of the artefacts of an information environment. It's like a building blocks structure from bottom to top and I think it is a little more succinct and accessible to management. I'd be interested in any feedback on it.

Once I've done the new presentation I will post it up into Slideshare as well, unless of course I do decide to use Prezi for this one (I'm seriously toying with the idea but don't know if it will be too distracting).

No comments: