December 10, 2010

Personal reflection

Do you ever have those days when you go into work and think "today will be the day they work out I'm a fraud"? I don't know why we do this, and I say we because I actually learned in a coaching training (don't ask) that this is an acknowledged condition (mainly in women not surprisingly).

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed at work this week, so much to do so little time, and so this feeling has been allowed to creep into my daily thoughts. This completely sucks, because usually it is when I have a really heavy workload that I'm more prone to these thoughts, but this is when I just need to kick in and get things done without any self-doubt.

Maybe this is just a little glimpse into my psyche that I shouldn't really share, but at the end of the day I am not a fraud, I know my job and I do it well - either that or I'm a much better bluffer than I ever thought possible. Next post will be more informative and not just about my mental processes - promise.

1 comment:

Teresa Savage said...

Oh, that sounds sooo familiar.